In the UK, a variety of visas are available for those who want to work in the country, and you can apply online. One such visa is the temporary charity worker visa, also known as the UK Tier 5 work visa in 2023, which is tailored specifically for those who want to do volunteer or unpaid work in the UK.
This type of visa can open up opportunities to gain valuable experience and qualifications that can be used back in your origin country. It can also provide a unique way to deepen cultural understanding between foreigners and UK citizens. In this blog post, we will look at the requirements and process for applying for a UK temporary charity worker visa for Asians and Africans.
Who can apply for a UK Tier 5 Visa? People who can apply for the UK Tier 5 include but are not limited to persons from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Sri Lanka, Nigeria, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Nepal, etc.
What is a UK charity worker Visa?
The UK charity worker visa is a visa that allows citizens from various parts of the world to work in the United Kingdom for up to six months. People who can apply for the UK Tier 5 include those from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Sri Lanka, Nigeria, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Nepal, etc.
This visa is specifically for those who wish to work in the charitable sector and is, therefore, ideal for those who are looking to volunteer their time and skills to help others. Applicants must meet several requirements to be eligible for this visa, including having a valid passport, being aged 18 or over, and having an offer of paid employment from a registered UK charity.
UK Charity (temporary worker) Visa form – How to Apply
Do you need the form to fill out for the UK Charity Visa? The process of applying for a UK Temporary charity worker visa from Africa is quite simple and straightforward. However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind while applying for a visa.
A step-by-step guide to applying for the UK temporary charity worker visa today:
- The first thing that you need to do is to gather all the necessary documents that are required for the visa application. These documents include your passport, photographs, travel insurance, and other relevant documents.
- Once you have all the required documents, you can complete the online visa application form. Make sure that you provide all the correct information in the form and upload all the required documents.
- After submitting the online visa application form, you will need to pay the visa fee (Unless your sponsor agrees to pay for it, note that not all Charity work will sponsor your flight fees). The fee can be paid online or through a bank transfer.
- Once your payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email from the UK Visas and Immigration department. This email will contain your unique reference number, which you will need to use while checking your application status online.
- You can track your application status online using your reference number. If your application is successful, you will receive your visa within a few weeks.
What are the Eligibility and requirements for the UK Charity Worker Visa (Tier 5)?
An applicant for a temporary work-charity worker visa must:
- Be 18 or older to apply
- Own a UK sponsor’s certificate of a sponsorship reference number
- Own sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK – Unless you qualify for an exemption, you’ll typically need to have at least £1,270 available.
- If you were granted a Religious Worker or Charity Worker visa within the previous year, you cannot be granted this visa unless you can demonstrate that you were outside the UK during the entire period.
- Document proving sponsorship: The information on the job you’ll complete and your personal information is contained in a certificate of sponsorship, which is a special reference number. It is not a printed document or a certificate.
What are the benefits of the UK charity Visa for South Africans, Arabians, Nigerians, and others?
The UK Temporary charity worker visa for participants allows you to work in the UK for up to six months (sometimes even more). This visa is available for persons aged 18 or over who have been offered a job by registered charities in the UK.
The visa holders will be able to work in the UK for up to six months, and they will also be able to travel around the UK during this time. The main benefits of this visa are that it allows participants to gain valuable work experience in the UK, and it also allows them to visit the UK and see some of its famous landmarks and attractions.
List of UK Tier 5 Charity Work Visa Sponsors (Updated for 2023)
If you require a visa to come to the UK and are successful in your application, these charities will issue a certificate of sponsorship to enable you to apply for your Tier 5 (Charity Worker) visa. Just copy their link below and paste them into your browser if you need any of them.
- L’Arche in the UK ==> https://www.larche.org.uk/Pages/Category/different-together
- Voluntary Short-term Coworkers at Newton Dee ==> https://www.newtondee.co.uk/volunteering-working
- DO IT Life network ==> https://doit.life/volunteering-opportunity/md/138187
- Books2Africa UK-registered charity ==> https://books2africa.org/volunteer/
- Camphill Clanabogan ==> https://Camphillclanabogan.com/volunteering
- YMCA org UK Volunteers program ==> https://ymca-fg.org/
- Lee Abbey London Volunteer ==> https://www.leeabbeylondon.com/working/community-application/
In conclusion, the UK Temporary charity worker visa is a great opportunity for you if you are looking to travel and work in the UK. It provides an efficient way to get legal status in the country while helping out charitable causes and organizations. Those interested should take some time to read up on the requirements so that they can make sure they meet them before submitting their applications. With proper preparation, you will be able to secure your visa approval quickly